Ascott Residence Trust (Ascott Reit) is managed by Ascott Residence Trust Management Limited, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of CapitaLand. The Manager is responsible for the management and administration of Ascott Reit and the implementation of Ascott Reit's strategy.
CapitaLand is the largest real estate company in Southeast Asia by market capitalisation. For more information, please visit http://www.capitaland.com.
The Manager intends to implement the investment strategy of Ascott Reit in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Investment portfolio primarily comprising real estate used mainly as serviced residences or rental housing properties (including investments in real estate related assets and/or other related value-enhancing assets or instruments)
- Investments will generally be for the long-term.
The Manager will implement the principal investment strategy of Ascott Reit in accordance with the Property Funds Guidelines, the Trust Deed and any other applicable laws.
The key objectives of the Manager are to deliver stable and growing distributions to Unitholders in order to provide Unitholders with a competitive rate of return for their investment. The Manager plans to achieve these key objectives through the following strategies:-
- Active Management of Assets. Actively managing Ascott Reit's property portfolio to maximise returns from the property portfolio;
- Growth by Acquisition. Selectively acquiring properties that meet the Manager’s investment criteria; and
- Capital and Risk Management. Employing appropriate capital financing and hedging strategies to manage fluctuation risks in interest rates and foreign exchange rates
Established Management with proven track record
- The management teams of the Manager and the SR management companies have a successful track record of sourcing and executing real estate acquisitions, and have been actively involved in such acquisitions over the years. The Manager will leverage on the extensive experience and contacts of these executive officers within the serviced residence markets, to source, originate and structure deals.
The Manager believes the Unitholders will benefit from the experience of key executive officers of the Manager and the SR Management Companies in fund, asset and serviced residence management in the serviced residence market.